At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Research is responsible for the core of what we do as a company: delivering high quality data on the private markets to thousands of customers. This is done through our various data collection processes consisting of web-based data scraping, entering of data from publicly available documents, web researching of hard-to-find information, and direct communication with executives, investors and advisors involved in transactions and fundraising. In this role you will join our secondary research team and be responsible for owning and managing the Pre-Venture & supporting private company research processes supporting our Venture Capital dataset. You will be accountable for the daily operations and execution of a global team of 40+ research associates.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Acquire and exhibit expert knowledge in private equity, venture capital, M&A and institutional investors by researching, collecting and entering data within a specific dataset into the Research Tool Suite (RTS).
- Maintain documentation of relevant research processes, training materials, methodologies and RTS tool changes.
- Work closely with our Global Research team coordinating workflow management for your dataset.
- Taking on projects to identify opportunities to improve upon the core quality metrics such as comprehensiveness, accuracy, timeliness)
- Communicate with your team and other stakeholders to provide updates on project progress, address roadblocks and celebrate wins.
- Managing cross team projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on dataset completeness and quality improvements
- Driving cross team collaboration across product, sales, customer success, editorial and other PitchBook departments
- Showcasing an entrepreneurial mindset as an innovator to improve our data collection processes, methodologies and tools
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting team successes to research leadership
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in data collection, operations, or similar role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented attitude and can work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational methods and top-notch multi-tasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Interest in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital.
- Experience related to operations, program management, and process management
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.#LI-JH1