Director, Sales Operations & Analytics at Varsity Tutors
About Varsity Tutors
We are revolutionizing the way the world learns.
Our mission is simple: helping people learn! We provide in-person and online tutoring through our Live Learning Platform. With a powerful combination of video chat, interactive tools, and collaborative workspaces at their fingertips, students can enjoy all the benefits of a face-to-face tutoring experience anywhere in the world. Varsity Tutors has also launched its TestPrep4All initiative, the nation's first-ever FREE live, online ACT/SAT test prep classes. These classes feature highly-experienced instructors, adaptive assessment tools, and practice exams.
Varsity Tutors closed a $50M Series C funding round in 2018, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV.
Yes, we’re a tech company, but more than that, we’re a people company. It’s our job to understand learners, and help set them up for success. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you’re going to love working here.
The Director of Sales Operations and Analytics will develop and optimize company sales operations in a vertically integrated marketplace. We are seeking a senior operations managers with operations research experience in forecasting and optimization. This role will collaborate with the executive team and sales leadership to transform our sales operations through user acquisition growth, conversion, supply and demand, improved customer service, and increasing lifetime customer value. Thriving to make data driven decision, this role will contribute to the resolution of complex operational challenges, allowing Varsity Tutors to grow and expand in both domestic and international markets.
- 7+ years of experience in modeling unstructured and complex business problems with operational and financial elements as mathematical models.
- 5+ years operations management with history of organizing a team and completion of high volume of tasks.
- Strong understanding of how to cultivate lifetime customer value and ability to support multi-channel approaches to maximize reach and effectiveness
- Desire for high level of responsibility and ownership.
- Advanced skills with Excel, R or equivalent required (dashboards, v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Linear/non-linear/integer programming experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Passion for being part of a team that is dedicated to making a difference for our clients!
- Develop, document, test business metrics and insights to manage and optimize business results
- Improving sales operations for increased efficiency, operational excellence, and profitability.
- Lead development and execution of initiatives through cycle of data analytics, experiment, and rollout. Create timelines, budgets, requirements, and costs for projects and the implementations of business initiatives
- Optimizing sales processes through analytical frameworks, mathematical programming simulation, and statistical models.
- Communicate prioritization and resource allocation to management, co-workers, and business functional owners
- Prepare and present performance results and project plans to executive leadership
- Build dashboards that delivers data around operational insights and strategies
- Remote friendly (flexible work environment)
- Flexible Work-life balance
- Training for skill and career growth
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday
- VTO ("Volunteer Time Off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of FREE Tutoring Sessions per year for you or immediate family members
- Collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Try a free trial of our Live Learning Platform here: https://www.varsitytutors.com/freetrial
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)