Distinguished Software Engineer - Machine Learning
About the team:
Evil exists and fortunately we're here to stop it! Fraud and abuse plague online businesses of all types, from marketplaces to payment processors, social networks to e-commerce stores. As the internet's trust layer, Sift's mission is simple yet powerful: make these online experiences faster, smoother, and safer – using the smartest technology around.
As the leading machine learning expert at Sift, you will lead and guide multiple teams in putting machine learning best practices into motion, apply various machine learning techniques to prevent fraud and build the trust platform of the internet, and shape the future of Sift by playing a pivotal & impactful role.
What you’ll do:
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to develop scalable solutions to detect fraud and help build Sift’s Trust Platform
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Work alongside software engineers and data engineers to implement prototypes and production code
- Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations
- Act as the point of contact and machine learning leader for the business. Represent Sift’s machine learning efforts inside and outside the company
- Provide an expert perspective and help shape Sift’s ML related strategy and initiatives
What would make you a strong fit:
- PhD and/or recognized expert in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related field
- Track record of leading machine learning teams to produce machine learning models and infrastructure at scale in production
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern and cutting-edge ML techniques, tools, and best practices
- Strong coding & analytics skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatism & philosophy of continuous improvement
- Publications in ML/AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields strongly preferred
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Patreon, Zoosk, and ChowNow trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."