Distinguished Software Engineer - Machine Learning
About the team:
Evil exists and fortunately we're here to stop it! Fraud and abuse plague online businesses of all types, from marketplaces to payment processors, social networks to e-commerce stores. As the internet's trust layer, Sift's mission is simple yet powerful: make these online experiences faster, smoother, and safer – using the smartest technology around.
As the leading machine learning expert at Sift, you will lead and guide multiple teams in putting machine learning best practices into motion, apply various machine learning techniques to prevent fraud and build the trust platform of the internet, and shape the future of Sift by playing a pivotal & impactful role.
What you’ll do:
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to develop scalable solutions to detect fraud and help build Sift’s Trust Platform
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Work alongside software engineers and data engineers to implement prototypes and production code
- Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations
- Act as the point of contact and machine learning leader for the business. Represent Sift’s machine learning efforts inside and outside the company
- Provide an expert perspective and help shape Sift’s ML related strategy and initiatives
What would make you a strong fit:
- PhD and/or recognized expert in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related field
- Track record of leading machine learning teams to produce machine learning models and infrastructure at scale in production
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern and cutting-edge ML techniques, tools, and best practices
- Strong coding & analytics skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatism & philosophy of continuous improvement
- Publications in ML/AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields strongly preferred
A little about us:
Sift is a hyper-growth Series D company that facilitates the largest trust network of online businesses and consumers on the internet.
The Sift Trust PlatformTM uses real-time machine learning to accurately predict which users businesses can trust, and which ones they can’t. The upshot? Consumers know which companies they can entrust with their personal and financial information. And businesses can customize each user's experience based on their trust score – which leads to more revenue, higher conversion rates, and less fraud and abuse.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Catered meals
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. Our core value of “Be Tough On Ideas And Excellent To Each Other” is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion; we work together to ensure the best ideas win. We hire people with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, because we know this makes us stronger, healthier, and more innovative. Our commitment to belonging enables us to bring our full selves to work so we can contribute our talents in meaningful ways and “Win As One Team."