Engineering Manager - Data Infrastructure
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
The Data Infrastructure team is tasked with ownership and management of Convoy’s internal data platform. We are focused on providing world-class tools to data scientists, software engineers, and product managers at Convoy. The work we do directly impacts experimentation and product velocity and is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class trucking and freight management platform. We have had significant growth in our company and we are looking for leaders to help us execute on long term bets to help us hyper scale our business.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing world class engineering team. They will also have a passion for storage and data processing technologies and will be knowledgeable about the latest advances in these areas in public cloud and open source software. They will enjoy leading the careers of extraordinary software developers, collaborating with diverse stakeholders and will bring a growth mindset and strong learning orientation.
You will own:
- Manage software engineering teams within Convoy’s Data Infrastructure organization
- Develop and deliver on customer focused, high impact roadmaps for your team that will delight your customers
- Help your team evaluate whether or not it should buy or build a solution to solve a problem
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operations excellence at Convoy
- Build trust with various stakeholders and tackle cross-org problems at scale.
You have the following experience:
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- Excellent project management skills to help teams deliver on time
- Strong people management skills to recruit, manage and develop talent
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Read Full Job Description