International Trade Compliance Analyst
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented International Trade Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for working with Blue Nile’s import and exports to over 45 markets worldwide. The International Trade Compliance Analyst will be a leading authority in the company on international trade and will be responsible for efficiently structuring import and export transactions while ensuring compliance with US and foreign trade laws and regulations. This position will coordinate with internal departments as well as external groups involved with developing operations and processes to drive company initiatives and strategies.
- Analyze and develop internal tools and processes that create efficiencies while reducing the costs and risks associated with importing and exporting goods.
- Facilitate the legal movement of goods across borders (procurement; B2C sales) while supporting and promoting the company’s strategies and initiatives.
- Monitor regulatory changes and revise trade compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing rules and business needs.
- Explore automation opportunities and leverage technologies to drive compliance with global trade regulations.
- Conduct internal import / export compliance audits using data driven processes, tools, and metrics. Analyze audit results and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with domestic and foreign import/export laws and regulations as well as optimize and reduce costs involved with cross-border trade.
- Act as the subject matter expert for internal tickets and inquiries.
- Conduct performance tracking and oversight of external service providers.
- Track the clearances of international shipments and resolve any clearance delays in a timely matter.
- Manage the HS tariff code database and classification determination process.
- Key liaison with internal groups such as Sourcing, Merchandising, International, Shipping, IT teams. Evaluate and communicate the impact of compliance decisions across internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the company in preparing, submitting, and tracking certificates of origin, license and permit applications, and all other customs documents required for importing and exporting goods.
- Manage the company’s trade compliance document retention program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in international business, supply chain, or finance
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in a trade compliance or international logistics role
- Exceptional organization skills with an affinity for being detail oriented; ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); be comfortable speaking in front of large groups including at the director and executive levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Experience analyzing business problems using different tools and data management systems (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, Oracle, etc.)
- Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and common sense, even in ambiguous situations.
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount