Lead User Researcher
Xinova is looking for a leader to work with cross organizational stakeholders to build out a comprehensive user research program, including both evaluative and generative research. As a key member of the Network Platform development team you will need to be able to transform insights and discoveries into prioritized, actionable recommendations. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate follow-thru ensuring their recommendations reach the market.
Candidates need to be familiar with a range of methodologies capable of informing both product strategy as well as identifying specific feature requirements (i.e., contextual inquiry, ethnography, participatory design, usability assessments, site analytics, on-line surveys, etc.). Xinova works with a diverse of set markets, innovators and technologies from around the world. Candidates also need to have deep familiarity with the impact cultural differences have on product design, including best practices for localization and internationalization.
We are looking for a researcher who is inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, and creative. We need someone who can pursue multiple ideas equally, connecting the dots, and never falling in love with a particular solution and who is always focused on the end user. If you are passionate about bringing innovative solutions to market, Xinova is the place for you.
- Leverage best practices to drive a comprehensive user research program for Xinova.
- Work with Executives, Clients, and a range of cross-organizational stakeholders to prioritize and conduct user research.
- Work with the Product Management and project teams to define user research requirements, including timelines, scope and methodologies.
- Work with designers and developers to plan, design, execute research, including interviews, field studies, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, generative workshops, etc.
- Effectively communicate a prioritized list of actionable outcomes from each study, while maintaining a clear overarching framework for the platform’s usability.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field (Cognitive, Experimental, Developmental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Human Factors, etc.). Masters preferred.
- 6+ years in a user experience role focusing on user research and usability assessments.
- Experience in both evaluative and generative research methods design, workshop facilitation and ethnographic/situational observation.
- Successfully applied specialized knowledge of Human Factors/UCD research concepts and techniques to a broad range of products and processes.
- Utilizes available internal/external resources to assist with various phases of research.
Xinova is a collective of 12,000 innovators dedicated to turning big problems into bigger solutions. We work with large companies like Pepsi and Honda to help them solve their largest research and product development challenges.
At the core, we believe problems are a good thing. Our global network of innovators wake up every day believing that each problem is an opportunity to find a solution or application you never thought of. If that's you too, we’d love to have you join us!
The company is headquartered in Seattle with staff located in Beijing, Bangalore, Helsinki, Israel, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Vienna. www.xinova.com