Principal Business Planner at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Qualtrics is looking for talented leaders as our product and business model portfolio grows. The Business Planning team plays a central role in developing multi-year strategic plans in conjunction with business units, defining business models across the company, and executing critical long-term growth initiatives.
As a leader in the Business Planning team, you will drive critical strategic initiatives requiring strong leadership, cross-team collaboration, creativity, analytics, and the ability to be a leader amongst peers. You will work across all organizations to co-develop our future company and product strategy, determine product offerings, drive profitability, and guide strategic pricing. You will be viewed as a leader, enabling and helping others to understand our strategy and product offerings. You will also identify, propose, and drive new initiatives to accelerate our business strategy across a diverse set of businesses. You will have a strong understanding of Qualtrics product offerings and be a key contributor in a fast growing environment.
This role requires advanced business strategy acumen as well as thought leadership, strong partnering ability, and execution skills to ensure we develop the right strategy, and business models to enable the commercial success of Qualtrics more broadly. You will also work with executives across the company to finalize and approve product strategy in order to build out the company’s vision.
As a business planner you will be responsible for developing strategy, business models, and the product portfolio while balancing short-term and long-term goals of the business:
- Work as a member of the leadership team to define, launch and execute our strategy
- Develop business strategy and product offerings that will accelerate growth for Qualtrics in conjunction with the product and marketing owners
- Manage business model and commercialization initiatives in order to enable marketing, sales, and customer success
- Regularly assess the efficacy of product and business initiatives, and recommend adjustments as needed
- Identify and develop accelerators to growth and adoption, including M&A & strategic partnerships
- Leverage and develop financial, customer research, and usage insights to deliver informed decision making
- Example project types include: white space opportunity sizing, business model analysis, disruptive initiative ideation, new product commercialization, pricing strategy, and competitive analysis
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Master's in Business Administration or graduate degree in management, economics, technical or engineering field desired
- 7+ years of work experience in consulting and/or tech; at least 2 years of experience in a top tier management consulting or investment banking, or equivalent strategy/project management experience in a line role for a technology firm.
- A track record of ownership and being a self-starter, able to independently drive and lead cross-company initiatives
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving, financial analysis, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in structuring complex analyses in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with analytical tools and techniques (SQL, spreadsheet software, statistics and predictive modeling)
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.