Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Market Management team consists of Business Analysts focused on what impacts supply and demand in the trucking market. Organized on the carrier side of the Convoy, the team is relied on for market information, specifically truck cost changes, by the Marketplace, Operations, and Pricing teams, communicating impactful trends and influencing Convoy algorithms based on market signals. Research, quantitative analysis, and strong internal partnerships makes the Market Management team successful. Having a steady pulse on both the trucking market and internal pricing models is a must. In addition to daily market research and adjustments, the team is responsible for planning for exception events like holidays, produce harvests, and inclement weather, aligning internal systems for expected truck cost changes.
As a Manager, Market Management you will be responsible for the team that connects what is happening in the trucking market to Convoy, measuring impact, making adjustments, and seeing around corners to what’s next. You’ll direct a small team of analysts responsible for prioritizing daily operations while creating roadmaps for long term initiatives. Cross functional communication collaboration is a strength and you enjoy problem solving across strategy and operations teams. In addition to directing the team, you love to get in the weeds to pull apart problems and conduct your own investigations. This role will require a data-driven mindset and willingness to be hands on to identify problems and lead solutions.
- Be a leader - Lead and develop a small team of high performing analysts, structuring organized approaches to problem solving and team development. The success of your direct reports drives team success.
- Set strategy - Identify areas of impact and build roadmaps to solve cross team problems, for both long term initiatives and daily operations. The scope of this team is applicable to all corners of Convoy. Find the most valuable applications and drive improvements.
- Partner cross-functionally - Work closely with our operations, marketplace growth, pricing, and demand teams to improve capacity performance and cost predictions.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience leading a team of Consultants, Program Managers, or Business Analysts.
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, Fortune 500, or logistics company. Project management, program management, or operations management experience preferred.
- The ability to execute long term initiatives while coordinating a team's daily operations. Doing so requires organization, documentation, and communication visible to all levels at Convoy.
- Fluent with data and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data and qualitative signals into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences. Bottom line, you are someone colleagues look forward to working with.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable making high-impact decisions with less than perfect information.
- A self starter who identifies problems to solve and manages solutions from end to end.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!