Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Insights team is core to customer centricity. The team develops deep understandings of the global Remitly audience, increasing the relevance and impact of every touchpoint. We provide insights for Product and Marketing teams across the company, driving short-term and long-term growth. We keep one eye on the needs of our current customers and one on the hundreds of millions we have yet to reach.
We are looking for a bilingual researcher to be an integral member of our Insights team. The role will be highly visible in our global organization. If you are curious about people, like working on a variety of projects, have a habit of taking ownership, and enjoy seeing a tangible impact from your work, this role is for you.
This role is crucial to enabling Remitly employees to better understand current and potential customers in both general ways (Who are they? How can we solve problems for them?) and specific ways (How can we improve this current product or marketing experience?)
In this role, you will operate with a range of freedom and flexibility. You will anticipate needs, as well as respond to stakeholders’ requests. You will own numerous short-term, quick-turnaround research projects. You will also collaborate on larger, more sophisticated projects with a team of empathetic partners.
Prior experience with usability research is an asset, but we are looking for more of a generalist who can refine problem statements, gather the right data through appropriate methods, and work with stakeholders (in Product and Marketing) to ensure they have the right data for testing and in-market experimentation.
- Recruit participants for regular, quick-turnaround customer research on remittance senders
- Develop and implement new techniques to reach relevant audiences for research purposes
- Maintain a database of potential research participants
- Coordinate the logistics of in-person and remote research, including securing translators, booking facilities, paying incentives, and ordering transcripts if needed
- Gather data, especially via qualitative methods
- Synthesize and report on the data gathered
- Help to channel insights to appropriate stakeholders for action and to share information across the company
- Contribute to a repository of insights across projects
- In addition, actively participate in larger, longer, more complicated research projects
- 2–5 years of experience using qualitative and quantitative methods to conduct actionable, outcome-focused research and recommendations
- High proficiency with both English and Spanish
- Experience forming short-term and long-term relationships across cultures (e.g., cross-cultural research, community organizing, being in spaces where our customers live, work, and recreate)
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed, thriving in ambiguous environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Experience working with both Product and Marketing stakeholders
- Social science background (e.g., sociology, psychology, anthropology) or HCI
- Professional or personal experience in an international setting
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $10 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit https://www.remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.