Qualitative Researcher - Contract at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $10 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. The Insights team drives growth and strategy at Remitly by enabling the Marketing and Product organizations to deeply understand our customers. We focus on illuminating insights that internal partners put into action. At Remitly, your work will have a direct and positive impact on people around the globe.
We are looking for a contract researcher to be an important member of our Consumer Insights team. The contract will last for six months. You will report to the Senior Manager of Consumer Insights, joining a team of four. For half your time, you will work closely with Marketing and Product teams focused on customer acquisition, especially by ensuring cultural relevance and identifying barriers and opportunities to better serve our customers. For the other half of your time, you will work with other researchers on the Insights team to accomplish big-swing, cross-functional projects.
What You'll Do:
- Independently conduct ethnographically-grounded research to create cultural guides and in-depth profiles for key customer groups.
- Use techniques like in-depth interviews, focus groups, observation, diary studies, surveys, content analysis, and analysis of internal and external data to answer research questions for short- and long-term projects
- Coordinate the logistics of remote research, including recruiting
- Creatively develop and implement new research techniques
- Form strong partnerships with Creative, Product Marketing, and Product Design teams focused on acquisition and localization
- Collaborate on larger, complex projects with the broader Insights team
- Communicate insights to appropriate partners for specific action and for sharing information across the company
Who You Are:
- You have 2–5 years of experience using qualitative and quantitative methods to conduct ethnographic research
- You possess a deep curiosity for and understanding of how to capture nuanced cultural insights, including exploration of schemas, symbols, social capital, life history narratives, etc.
- You excel in community-based research settings
- You operate autonomously and motivate yourself
- You scope and manage projects with ease, including prioritization
- You collaborate and communicate well with designers, other researchers and analysts, product managers, and senior leaders
- Social science background (e.g., sociology, psychology, anthropology, political science, international relations)
- Content area knowledge of cultures and sociopolitics in the continent of Africa
- Bilingual (high level of proficiency) in English and French
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer