Research Associate, Primary Research at PitchBook
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Are you a great communicator who loves finding answers to complex questions? Are you looking for a role where you can make an impact, create channels of communication with industry leaders, and join a rapidly growing company that has opportunities at the next level for high performers across several departments? If so, we'd love to talk!
We are looking for Primary Research Associates to help our teams collect data, improve outreach processes, and create relationships with high level executives at private equity and venture capital investment firms, the advisers they work with, or the companies they back. In this role you will join one of our dataset teams with an initial focus on mastering our data management tool and direct outreach processes. Once mastered, you will focus on direct outreach data-collection from contacts involved in PE and VC deals using outbound email and/or call campaigns to gather and update the data in our platform. Please note that this is not an academic-type research position and does not require a deep understanding of advanced statistical methods.
Nearly everyone in the Research Department starts as a Research Associate. This learning process and growth of industry knowledge creates a pathway for our Primary Research Associates to grow into Senior Research Associates and Team Leads within Research, or a variety of roles on other teams at PitchBook.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Building relationships with industry professionals at private equity and venture capital backed companies, service providers or private investment firms
- Managing email and/or call campaigns with the goal of gathering and verifying private market data
- Leveraging technology-based tools to ensure that proprietary data is added to the PitchBook Platform efficiently and with attention to quality
- Working with your team to develop and improve processes, tools and methodologies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Amazing communication skills, both verbal and in written materials
- Comfort making a high volume of outbound calls on a daily basis
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A background or interest in learning about the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- 1 – 2 years professional experience, which may be in the form of an internship
- Bachelor's degree required
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.