Research Associate, Secondary at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Research team is one of the largest and most important teams at PitchBook, totaling over four hundred people across three continents. We are looking for a Secondary Research Associate to assist our team in driving operational excellence and transparency across all our internal processes. We need an entrepreneurial operator who will not settle with things as they are and will push the team to improve each day. It is our job as PitchBook's Research department to build and maintain an industry leading data service on the venture capital, private equity, and M&A industries that thousands of professionals across the private markets rely on to find their next big opportunity. Team members in this role will focus on operations and process improvement while also developing a sophisticated knowledge of alternative investment practices. Note that this is not an academic-type research position and does not require a deep understanding of advanced statistical methods.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Completing a 3 to 6-month period of Data Collection and Data Entry to gain a mastery of our tools and processes
- Managing cross team projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on quality control and quality improvements
- Working with the Research team to develop and improve processes, tools and methodologies
- Learning Private Market and investment landscapes to maintain our data services as an industry leading product
- Taking on projects to identify opportunities to improve upon the core quality metrics (comprehensiveness, accuracy, timeliness)
- Becoming an expert in PitchBook's core research areas of private equity, venture capital and M&A through dedicated training and intellectual curiosity
- Working closely with teams across various geographic offices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to be constantly finding ways to increase efficiency and drive improvements
- The belief that anything below excellent isn't good enough and expects the same from those on your team
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational methods and top-notch multi-tasking skills
- Incessant curiosity, innovative thinking and meticulous work habits
- A background or interest in the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- 1 – 2 years professional experience, which might be in the form of an internship
- Bachelor's degree required