Senior Analyst, Corporate Development at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:15 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
- Assess the viability of M&A, investments, new business opportunities, and joint ventures.
- Evaluate potential inbound M&A opportunities against existing strategic priorities, and socializing opportunities internally as appropriate.
- Support the business as it relates to fundraising and other corporate finance initiatives.
- Head the development of complex operating models and financial / valuation data to inform acquisition and investment outcomes.
- Manage business and financial due diligence processes for contemplated transactions by coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Research and investigate competitive and industry trends to develop views and provide recommendations on strategic outcomes.
- Support integration efforts by partnering with key business unit stakeholders in business planning and deal transition.
- Assist with M&A board and executive materials.
- Perform due diligence research, peer company tracking, and other projects supporting potential investments, joint ventures, and acquisitions.
We're looking for someone who has
- 2-4+ years of experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, private equity firm, venture capital firm, or corporate development group
- Strong investigational skills, fluency in performing financial, valuation and broad quantitative testing and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing both internal and external constituencies and works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate complex problems and solutions/recommendations.
- Team player, proactive and action oriented, with the ability to anticipate needs.
- Strong personal integrity, work ethic and attention to detail.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!