Senior Applied Scientist
Who we are:
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Who we’re looking for:
Machine learning is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. However, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible with ML. We are looking for talented scientists who have a mix of core engineering and machine learning skills to join our team. If you have a strong track record of productionalizing machine learning techniques to help solve real-world business problems, we would love to chat!
You will have ownership of the following:
- Developing new bidding/auction models
- Optimizing our pricing and relevance models
- Building forecasting models for key business metrics
- Enhancing our machine learning infrastructure
- Training new automated agents to streamline manual processes
- Developing our experimentation framework
You have the following experience:
- PhD in machine learning, computer science, electrical engineering, or other highly related field
- 5+ years of professional experience applying machine learning to product/business problems
- Strong grasp of fundamental machine learning techniques
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Experience writing and deploying production code
- Experience working with data pipelines
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse group of people. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description