Senior Business Analyst - Analytics at RealSelf
About the Role:
We are seeking a senior analytical individual to help us better understand our two-sided marketplace and assist teams in building more effective and innovative products. As a small, fast-moving team, we’re looking for someone eager to solve whatever challenge is thrown at them and will have a significant impact on the organization. This person will work alongside diverse teams within the organization, manage multiple priorities with minimal oversight, complete analyses of business problems to be solved, break data down, and effectively communicate the story to a broad audience.
Our Business Analysts are passionate about understanding our consumers’ and providers’ behavior through data. They have a “whatever it takes” mentality, using their analytical expertise and quantitative reasoning to help accelerate our growth. This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to develop their knowledge in an organization with mobility and advancement opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Use quantitative techniques to deliver insights leading to product and initiative change
- Perform in-depth analysis and identification of the root cause of critical business issues
- Handle ambiguity by defining an analytical approach and driving to the heart of the problem
- Create tools to access and teach all members of the organization to inform themselves with data
- Work with significant autonomy and discretion, setting the direction for your work as a business owner
- Serve as an in-house expert to analyze business challenges and offer solutions based on best-practices and research
- Provide mentorship to more junior-level team members regarding best-practices and analytical techniques
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You love turning quantitative measurements into business change and making an immediate impact in a fast-growing organization. This team is collaborative, bold, fast-moving, and tons of fun. Below are some of the qualifications we’d love for you to have.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Prior experience in a high-impact analytics role
- History of actively identifying problems with significant business impact
- Proficient in advanced quantitative research techniques
- Experience using SQL and a scripting language in a business setting
- Experience with descriptive analytics and tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Advanced Excel or data manipulation skills
- Able to give business recommendations created from complex data for all levels of the organization
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that maintain high standards of quality and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate logical and structured thinking
- Highly analytical and confident mindset -- you’re curious, quantitative, and meticulous
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools is a plus
Travel: Not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work! Telecommute option dependent on job function at the discretion of the manager. *Due to COVID-19, RealSelf employees are currently remote.
RealSelf is the world's largest online destination to learn about elective cosmetic procedures and to find the right doctor or clinic for you. More than 10 million people visit RealSelf each month to find out which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being "Worth It." RealSelf is powered by unbiased experiences shared by consumers for hundreds of treatments, ranging from simple skincare to high consideration cosmetic surgeries. Offering millions of photos and medical expert answers, RealSelf has become an essential resource and service for those seeking to find the right local provider.
About the Industry
According to a 2016 ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) study, Americans spent more than 13.5 billion dollars on combined (surgical and nonsurgical) aesthetic procedures in a single calendar year for the first time on record. The total reflects a 1.5-billion-dollar increase from 2014. Surgical procedures accounted for 58% of the total expenditures, surpassing the 8-billion-dollar mark for the first time, and nonsurgical procedures accounted for 42% of the total spending, surpassing the 5-billion-dollar mark for the first time. This dramatic increase in demand speaks to the rapidly increasing need for consumer education and engagement - a role RealSelf is proud to own in the industry. RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.