Senior Business Analyst - Data Ops at RealSelf
About the Role:
We are seeking a detailed-oriented analytical team member for our Revenue Operations team to support our Industry Partnerships Team. You will work at the intersection of consumers and providers, helping our Industry Partnerships team sell innovative data products, transform their operations, and drive results with insightful analytics.
If the idea of transforming a business unit with your unique data-storytelling skills, thoughtful scoping, and push for operational efficiency excites you, read on!
You will work with a multi-sided marketplace:
- Consumers that want to conduct research and potentially have procedures completed
- Providers that want to attract quality patients and help them by performing procedures
- Brands that want to get their products in front of consumers and into the hands of providers
In this role, you will also:
- Feel comfortable with statistical significance and are prepared to set up tests for humans (product tests) and by humans (sales tests)
- Write in-depth assessments that change behavior and drive significant revenue for our Industry Partnerships Team
- Be comfortable rapidly building data visualizations to tell a compelling data-driven narrative
- Be ready to use the right tool for the job: Looker, DBT, Google Slides & Sheets, Salesforce, or Python all could be tools you would use
- Work with significant autonomy and discretion, setting the direction for your work as a business owner
- Avoid providing raw data dumps, inspiring stakeholders with insightful recommendations that push the business towards innovation and growth
- Mentor more junior-level team members on best-practices and diagnostic techniques
- Work on sample projects like standardizing ad product ROI, automating framework for data-driven storytelling, and operationalizing Sales Metrics
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You love developing your analytical skills and have the grit to make smart changes happen. You enjoy working with a small team and know you can rely on them to help you along the way. Below are some of the qualifications we’d love for you to have.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Prior experience in a high-impact analytics role
- The ability to communicate with your stakeholders and set clear expectations throughout your work
- Experience using SQL and a scripting language in a business setting
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets and/or data manipulation skills
- A passion for using data to find ways to create clear visualizations that tell a compelling story
- A desire to grow with a team that will push and inspire you to be your best
- Rigor, fortitude, and a self-disciplined approach to quality
- Prolific analytic skills that bring high-performance results
- The ability to take an ambiguous request and translate it into a scoped action plan with clear timelines and milestones stakeholders understand and appreciate
- Highly analytical and positive mindset -- you’re curious, quantitative, and meticulous
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, or other web analytics tools is a plus
Don’t think you fully fit the bill? Apply anyway! Internally, we’re in the business of building leaders.
Not expected for this role
This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states.
RealSelf is the world's largest online destination to learn about elective cosmetic procedures and to find the right doctor or clinic for you. More than 10 million people visit RealSelf each month to find out which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being "Worth It." RealSelf is powered by unbiased experiences shared by consumers for hundreds of treatments, ranging from simple skincare to high consideration cosmetic surgeries. Offering millions of photos and medical expert answers, RealSelf has become an essential resource and service for those seeking to find the right local provider.
About the Industry
According to a 2016 ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) study, Americans spent more than 13.5 billion dollars on combined (surgical and nonsurgical) aesthetic procedures in a single calendar year for the first time on record. The total reflects a 1.5-billion-dollar increase from 2014. Surgical procedures accounted for 58% of the total expenditures, surpassing the 8-billion-dollar mark for the first time, and nonsurgical procedures accounted for 42% of the total spending, surpassing the 5-billion-dollar mark for the first time. This dramatic increase in demand speaks to the rapidly increasing need for consumer education and engagement - a role RealSelf is proud to own in the industry. RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.