As a Sr. Business Analyst at Outreach.io you will become the expert in what drives success for Outreach’s customers. We’re looking for an analytical individual who is passionate about using data to identify the driving factors of sales within any and all organizations. You’re eager to dive deep and comfortable building dashboards to scale your learnings and enable Outreach’s growth. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact at a fast growing company and help the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams to evolve and mature our use of analytics across the company. If you are familiar with applying data to solving problems, enjoy finding creative solutions to open-ended problems, and enthusiastic about learning and improving your skills, we have interesting challenges for you.
About The Team
The BI&A team is on a mission to bring relevant data and insights to every person at Outreach while advancing the use of data and promoting an insight-centric culture. The BI & Analytics team is a centralized team empowering all Outreach business functions with strategic measurement and insights. A few core outputs include KPI definition, actionable insights, dashboards & reporting, self-service tooling.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Creating change by presenting customer sales insights to customer success management and senior leadership around the organization
- Act as subject-matter-expert regarding drivers of customer behavior
- Leading deep-dive analysis to identify driving factors of Outreach customer’s sales
- Writing SQL on structured and unstructured data
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing dashboards and their underlying data sets
- Partnering with customer success leaders to apply data to hypotheses and inform strategy
- Confidently present outcome of analysis and recommendations to executives
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of professional data analysis experience in SaaS/B2B business
- Expert level SQL (Snowflake preferred)
- Experience identifying drivers of MRR expansion, churn, & contraction
- Fluency in common statistical analysis methods
- Effective storyteller; experience translating findings into compelling recommendations, polished deliverables, and actionable programs
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from staff to senior executive level
- Our tech stack: Snowflake, DBT, Tableau, Python, Airflow
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with analytical support of a CSM team
- Experience building dashboards (Tableau preferred); Tableau certification a plus
- Experience delivering prescriptive and predictive analysis
- Experience writing SAS, R or Python for data analytics
- Familiarity working in modern data warehouse architecture and processes
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage. Outreach helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers. The company commissioned a recent Forrester study which highlights how the company provides an industry-leading ROI of 387 percent over three years and a payback period of fewer than three months since initial investment.
Outreach’s culture is what truly sets the company apart. The company recently made Inc.’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. Outreach's great workplace culture has also been recognized in Seattle Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Washington. Its exceptional growth was recognized by Deloitte last year, receiving the prestigious Technology Fast 500 award, which ranked Outreach the fourth fastest-growing technology company in North America. Outreach was also named to the Forbes' Cloud 100 and LinkedIn's Top Startups list and recently was ranked number one in G2s “Best Products for Sales.”
More than 4,500 companies such as Adobe, Tableau, DoorDash, Splunk, DocuSign, and SAP depend on Outreach’s enterprise-scale, unparalleled customer adoption, and robust AI-powered innovation. Outreach is a privately held high-growth pre-IPO start-up with a $1.1B valuation based in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, please visit www.outreach.io.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status