Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Perform critical analysis and data support of all business aspects across key programs such as Editorial, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing. We're looking for a person with the ability to work with a range of data and reporting technologies (eg Python, R, Tableau, Power BI) in order built upon a strong foundation of rigor, quantitative techniques and efficient processing established by the PitchBook BI group.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- You'll be PitchBook's business intelligence expert for the Editorial, Media and Customer Success businesses while playing key supporting roles for Sales, Product analysis and Marketing, setting the foundation for data driven insights to optimize these programs.
- Present findings and recommendations to executive stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Design and maintain database and reporting structures used to compile insights.
- Serve as the primary owner of business queries.
- Establish and help define KPI dashboards used to translate web analytics data into insights, identify and prioritize campaign and conversion optimization opportunities, and evaluate campaign performance.
- Interpret data from multiple sources, spot trends/anomalies/outliers, synthesize raw data and create models to test hypotheses and AB testing frameworks
- Own reporting for daily, weekly and monthly business metrics delivered to senior management team, and assist in business assessment and decision-making.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of relevant experience working experience as a business analyst, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent
- Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large datasets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting
- R and/or Python skills for scripting, data manipulation, custom ETLs, statistical/regression analysis particularly as they apply to sales and marketing operations and performance.
- Experience with BI software programs, such as Oracle, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent Microsoft Office/PC skills, Advanced Excel experience analyzing data and creating daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
- Experience with Google Analytics/Omniture, SalesForce, Marketo APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Service and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with CRMs (Salesforce) and Marketing Automation platforms (Marketo)
- Experience with multi-touch attribution
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.