Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are looking for an experienced analytics leader to build our Carrier Analytics team from the ground up, and to drive the analytics roadmap and project execution within our Carrier Organization. This role will start with a focus on enabling our partners in Carrier programs, Quality and Compliance, and Brokerage through the development of reports, tools, processes, and metrics -- with the opportunity to expand scope. You will work closely with cross-functional business leadership, scientists, and other managers. As the manager of data analytics for one of the most important parts of the company, you’ll significantly influence our roadmap to deliver world class service to our customers while working to build an inclusive team and culture internally.
- Partner with stakeholders in our Carrier Org, including Carrier programs, Quality and Compliance, Carrier Product, and Brokerage, to help them understand their key drivers
- Be a key voice and advocate for data-guided decision-making
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Drive reporting improvement and automation to create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner
- Create and maintain systems to elevate best practices and demonstrate results
- Recruit, support, develop, and motivate our talent
- Build a diverse and empowered analytics culture
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
- 5+ years of experience leveraging quantitative analysis and analytics to solve business problems
- 3+ years managing data or business analysts
- Advanced SQL and experience in optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or similar software
- Experience working directly with business teams to drive change
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitative and analytical discipline
- Experience in data engineering and automation to build metrics decks, dashboards and BI solutions
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!