Data is the foundation of our business in AI @ Unity. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our centralized data science team that supports multiple products and teams at Unity. As a Senior member of our team, you will be responsible for not only providing solutions, but identifying new opportunities within our data and solving them with machine learning techniques. Our team develops and implements machine learning models to production and intuitively makes decisions around what approaches to take in solving hard problems.
Among some of the problems you’d solve are player and developer profiling, improving Unity developer retention, personalizing developer experiences, pricing optimization, and overall improving use of the Unity engine!
If you have extensive experience working in industry as a data scientist, building and implementing deep learning models, and are excited about having a huge impact on the gaming industry then we want to talk with you!
- Influence key partners and drive alignment on data-science and machine learning initiatives
- Develop, optimize, and implement deep learning models to deliver a personalized experience for our users
- Identify, define, and lead data science and machine learning projects end-to-end
- Mentor junior members on the team
- Industry experience developing, optimizing, and implementing traditional machine learning and deep learning models in a production environment
- Deep familiarity with machine learning libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, scikit-learn and MLLib
- Professional experience leading data projects from problem identification to production
- Extensive experience programming with Python and/or Spark
- PhD or Masters in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with petabytes of data
- Experience with reinforcement learning
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.