Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Dynamic Pricing Team in Convoy’s Marketplace organization. The Dynamic Pricing Team owns Convoy’s core models for bid optimization and cost prediction that impact both sides of our marketplace. This role has the potential to unlock significant value for the company as we invest in continuous improvement on the fundamental algorithms at the heart of our business and develop new solutions for our ever evolving problem space.
Data Science is at the core of Convoy’s platform. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, causal inference, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
You will work on:
- Maintaining, monitoring and debugging the machine learning production systems
- Statistical analysis including experimentation and quasi-experimental analysis
- Data pipelines, processing data and cleaning, exploratory data analysis
- Writing up learnings and creating technical documents
You have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in Data Science
- BS or MS in Statistics, Applied Math/OR, Engineering, Quantitative economics or Finance, or related quantitative subject
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and ETL pipelines
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Experience with Tableau, Metabase, SQL or other reporting tools
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You’re humble, effective and biased toward action and learning
Nice to have:
- Experience in dynamic pricing or automated trading
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces (platforms), financial markets and economic theory
- Experience with big data tools like Spark, Hadoop etc.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!