Senior Data Scientist
Quantcast is a premier leader in artificial intelligence (AI) and addressable advertising. We are focused on real-time, targeted advertising services that are revolutionizing the display advertising industry. Essentially, we are using AI and big data to take the evil out of advertising on the web!
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist to join our diverse set of researchers, analysts and machine learning engineers. These are true product management roles that guide development of our products, shape the future of advertising and help marketers and agencies to connect with their audiences.
- Mine and analyze data from all available data sources to support product development efforts
- Track product usage, build churn models and present actionable insights to leadership teams
- Design, monitor and analyze controlled experiments (A/B, multivariate)
- Build predictive models to optimize the customer’s journey throughout Quantcast's product suite
- Collaborate with Product Managers and relevant functions to help evolve Quantcast’s product offerings
- Ensure excellence in process and workflow within the department as well as across other functions, such as Ad Ops, Client Strategy, Engineering, Modeling and Product Development
- Present findings in client-facing settings or to other external partners as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, etc.) or equivalent experience - Master’s degree is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of casual inference required
- Five plus years of experience in a digital or technology role with data science
- Proficiency with Postgres SQL (or any form of SQL) is required
- Expert at mentoring other team members in the use of data science tools such as R, Python, Julia,SQL, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and Big Data technologies
- Significant experience extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solver
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and strict deadlines
- Provide feedback for enhancements to current Product Suite
- Experience with designing,analyzing and troubleshooting controlled experiments (causal A/B tests, multivariate tests)
- Strong project management and communication skills to support internal operational teams
- Excellent communication skills; ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and concisely with conviction to all levels of partners
- Interest in D3, R shiny and other front end visualization platforms highly desirable
- Ability to manage AWS EC2 instances for custom research playground is a huge plus
Quantcast owns and operates the world’s largest audience insights and measurement platform on the open internet. Fueled by live data drawn from more than 100 million web and mobile destinations, Quantcast applies machine learning technology to help marketers, publishers, and agencies grow their brands by better understanding and predicting consumer interactions in real-time.
Founded in 2006, Quantcast is headquartered in San Francisco and employs more than 700 employees in over 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self.
Read Full Job Description