Chewy's Supply Chain Team is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Data Scientist to join the growing Supply Chain Analytics team. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of analytics and data science, you will be a part of a team responsible for strategic planning and research initiatives centered around our inventory and fulfillment network. This includes optimizing the way that we predict customer demand, purchase inventory, position inventory within our network, and ship orders to our customers. The Supply Chain team operates in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Data Science and Supply Chain organization.
What you'll do:
- Predict, simulate, and optimize Supply Chain operations.
- Deep dive big Supply Chain data to explain change, find hidden opportunity, and provide recommendations.
- Develop algorithms and scripts for production systems.
- Partner with Supply Chain’s functional areas (Supply Planning, Network Planning, Demand Planning, and Transportation) to provide insight and promote action.
- Be a subject matter expert for Supply Chain data and processes.
- Implement process improvement initiatives that drive change to metrics and streamline the Supply Chain.
- Position may require travel.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years’ experience designing optimization and machine learning solutions for large scale applications.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics.
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- R or Python mastery.
- Extensive experience working with Predictive Models (Time Series and Regression), Linear Programming, and Classification.
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work through infrastructure build out and coordinate with IT and BI business partners.
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.), and assist and support junior colleague’s use of those tools.
- Experience mentoring both junior and experienced data scientists.
- Supply chain experience
- E-com, Retail or startup experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and outgoing personality