Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
In June 2021, Stackline received a $130 million strategic investment from TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. This was followed by a $50 million investment from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity in November 2020. Stackline will utilize TA’s capital to continue growing the company’s product offerings and expanding its global footprint.
Stackline’s extensive brand list includes retail stalwarts such as Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s. In 2020, the company helped its clients grow their online businesses while continuing to diversify its technology offerings.
Join our team as a Sr. Data Scientist and you will use your experience to analyze and glean insights from massive data pipelines to provide predictive analytics. You will work in a fast-paced team-focused environment developing applied machine learning solutions and working closely with Data Engineers, Software Engineers, and Product Management teams to deliver high quality data products.
This is a very hands-on analytical role, where a large part of your time is spent writing code, while the remainder is spent architecting, developing, and testing new models. We're looking for applied data scientists to come in ready to explore our diverse array of datasets in order to develop models that have direct impact on our products.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses from data requirement gathering in addition to data processing and modeling.
- Architect data and modeling pipelines.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities requiring the use of modern analytical and modeling techniques.
- Utilize data science techniques to design algorithms for outlier detection, recommendation engines and reinforcement learning.
- Use existing insights and develop new strategies to drive the product strategy.
- Masters in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another technical field.
- 5+ year of direct industry work experience in one or more of the following areas: data science, data analytics or data engineering.
- 5+ year experience with statistics and probability, particularly their application in systems analysis and operations research.
- Deep experience with Python and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning tools such as Tensorflow or sklearn.
- Prior experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Able to write production-level code, which is well-written and explainable.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building new ideas, working closely with technical teams from concept generation through implementation.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another technical field.
- Experience working in a startup, retail, digital advertising, or e-commerce environment.
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan
- 20 days of PTO (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 7 company holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave - 20 weeks for new mothers and 12 weeks for new fathers
- Summer Fridays at 2pm
- Catered lunches each Friday in the office
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.