At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The New Initiatives team is incubating a new business line within Remitly. You will work on a team of creative builders and operators with many years of experience creating customer value at Remitly. We are challenging ourselves to provide the best global product in a crowded space.
As a Financial Analyst at Remitly, you turn opportunities into growth. You will build v1 reports, dashboards and business cases that help us find Product/Market Fit and identify the right customer bases to market to and serve. As a member of an early stage team, you will build parts of our product yourself, performing key functions that are manual at first. You will partner with stakeholders to make decisions by presenting to senior leadership, diving into the data, and building models that expose our risks and opportunities. You will report directly to our VP of this new initiative.
What You'll Do:
- Identify opportunities for the business using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Run financial modeling on different scenarios
- Build parts of our product offering and v1 processes using data analysis tools (SQL, Excel-can perform complex functions, Tableau)
- Write business cases and external white papers
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, finance, OR similar experience in a comparable role
- 3-4 years of professional experience in a quantitative, financial, or management consulting role
- Ability to communicate data-driven decisions to individual contributors and leadership.
- Experience with streamlining process; ability to deal with ambiguity in an always changing and growing business
- Deep familiarity with data manipulation using tools such as Excel; experience using tools to build financial models
- Experience with SQL
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer