Senior Manager, Analytics
OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is rapidly growing our Trust and Safety team in the Greater Seattle area and are seeking a dedicated, hardworking, risk leader with experience fighting abuse at scale.
Risk analytics at OfferUp is fast-paced, high-energy, and forward thinking in identifying and diagnosing emerging fraud and disrupting risk and loss before they can happen. They conduct a thorough analysis of complex data sets, build multiple layers of rules, models, and other processes to prevent unwanted activity within our marketplace.
Reporting to the head of Trust and Safety, the role of the Sr. Manager, Analytics is to effectively lead and develop our risk analytics team and represent the team in communicating roadmaps, and champion infrastructure requirements for effective quantitative marketplace risk management. This role will also provide subject matter expertise for building models and automated decision strategies, monitoring effectiveness, and accurate reporting. Partner and work with teams throughout the organization to establish and drive towards the vision of the most trusted marketplace.
What you’ll do
- Work with leaders throughout the organization to establish and drive toward the vision of the most trusted marketplace.
- Build the reporting needed to measure key performance indicators; present analyses and findings to management to steer and facilitate the Fraud team’s strategic vision.
- Support, develop and mentor a growing analytics team in achieving a high level of technical excellence.
- Help drive the team's impact and communicate it effectively.
- Be deeply involved in understanding and operationalizing risk controls for new product and market launches
- Roll up your sleeves to help develop, augment and validate fraud identification and prevention solutions.
- Collaborate on the roadmap and priorities for the team, and help to unlock and unblock dependencies across the company.
- Work with the business and product teams to develop, implement and maintain effective risk management programs to align with the business needs
- Expertise in technical data tools and methods, including data engineering, descriptive and predictive statistics, experimentation, and data visualization
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions)
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Knowledge of Fraud Risk systems and controls and their operating environments
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large data sets and turning data insights into actionable recommendations
- 4+ years of experience managing analysts and/or developers
- Self-starter attitude to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Lead with OfferUp values at the core, and set similar expectations of your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics for non-technical and executive audiences
- Excellent problem-solving ability in high-pressure situations
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.