OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an analytical and technical problem solver, who is able to dive into unstructured environments to design solutions. You will drive analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community's experience; build scalable processes and systems that enable stakeholders to leverage data and act upon insights. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of high-priority projects and have exposure to multiple stakeholders within Operations, Product and Engineering.
At OfferUp, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. OfferUp Risk Operations is an integral part of a growing organization that values neighborly collaboration, passion, and inventiveness. You will help create the future of recommerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of OfferUp buyers and sellers.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Conduct forensic deep dives and analysis using internal and external data (e.g. customer, revenue, product, 3rd party) to derive insights that will drive risk business decisions and inform product direction
- Work with Integrity Engineering and Project Managers to operationalize metrics and team goals to measure OfferUp’s effectiveness at combating integrity issues
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and building strategic partnerships
- Support the Risk Operations Team with creating meaningful goals, KPIs, key planning, and operational asks
- Conceptualize and build models, centralized tools (including dashboards) that the Risk Operations team can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Act as a mentor and Tableau SME for other Tableau users across the company
- Coordinate with members of other teams across the company to measure the impact and efficiency of new risk initiatives and processes
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience working with database technologies like Teradata, Snowflake, RDS as well as proven BI skills with Tableau, including performance tuning, development of reports, dashboards, KPI scorecards, and aggregating data from multiple sources
- Deep understanding of BI methodologies, Data Architecture principles, Master data and metadata for complex business scenarios
- Experience across high tech industry sectors is a must-have
- Ability to support the creation of single source of truth for performance monitoring leveraging agreed-upon data definitions, create a common data foundation, and semantic layers to be consumed by business
- Expertise including identifying patterns, attribute hierarchies and data relationships and organize into data dictionaries, create standardized definitions for metrics and critical metrics
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code to support analysis
- Strong business skills - capturing and documenting requirements, understanding business impacts and tradeoffs, proposing solutions, documentation and process mapping, etc
- A strong sense of execution and accountability for the overall success of the program
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of the program working with multiple teams
- Drive technical excellence in development and solution designs and provide technical guidance, direction and problem solving to team members
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.