Senior Software Engineer, Customer Data Engineering
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. Our rich data and unique algorithms power the world’s largest real-time database of salary profiles giving both employers and employees immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. We believe that transparent, fact-based relationships between companies and employees will generate the best outcomes, enabling both to thrive. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping more than 6,500 businesses to stay competitive in the labor market and retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re disrupting the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals with diverse perspectives. We foster a playful work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are a fast-growing Warburg Pincus portfolio company who is thrilled to have brought the MarketPay product into our suite of offerings in 2016, and started a strategic alliance with Mercer in 2017. We can't wait for you to join us!
About the Customer Data Ingestion Team:
Our charter: "We take the data from the customers, and put it in the products." This can take many forms, and really varies from project to project. Our tools help customers connect to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and provide a centralized data store for all PayScale products to use. You are going to be the 4th member of this small and mighty team.
Technologies You'll Be Using:
Our team tends to lean towards the back end, but we are a full-stack group.
- You'll use Azure to build and maintain our event-source data store. This is a high-throughput system that all products rely on.
- You'll work on and in our customer data ETL pipeline. All customer data will flow through this multi-component system. You'll hook up HRIS vendors in C# code, transform the data in Python, and push into our event store.
- You'll work in existing React front-end apps, and compose new apps as necessary.
What You'll Do:
- You are the 4th member of a small and mighty team.
- You will work in a collaborative team environment with highly skilled specialists in many areas, including: event-source systems, CQRS, distributed systems, Azure, Service-oriented Architecture.
- The products you build will be heavily-leveraged by other teams within PayScale.
- 6+ years of professional backend or platform development experience.
- You have strong experience with object-oriented programming (e.g. C#, Java).
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL).
- Working knowledge of no-SQL databases (e.g. Mongo, DynamoDB, Cassandra, CosmoDB).
- You have the ability to explain technical concepts to developers, project managers, and technical managers.
- You are able and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- Do you like asking questions, solving problems and thinking critically? You'll like it here.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are committed to providing a true work-life balance and we offer competitive vacation and flex time to support that. We work hard, but still want coworkers to be able to have interesting lives outside of the office.
We maintain a supportive, inclusive, and laid-back work environment, because stress is the enemy of creativity.
We support employees who want to take part in charitable giving, in all scopes of life.
We have a broad mix of optional-but-encouraged fun company activities available: holiday parties, family picnics, zoo trips, coffee carts, Halloween costume contests, and more!
We believe we are the ideal company for somebody who wants to avoid the bureaucracy that comes with huge organizations and the risk and stressful work hours of tiny startups. Come to a place where your ideas are valued, your brain is challenged, your voice is heard and your work has an immediate impact.
Pay is a Package. In addition to competitive salaries, PayScale offers the following benefits and perks.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays.
- 401k with company match
- Casual dress code
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month)