Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Machine learning is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. We’re looking for a backend engineer who understands how to train and serve ML models in a production environment. You would work with a tight knit group of engineers and data scientists on things like helping us launch new iterations of our recommendation engine, brainstorm improvements to our candidate generation and ranking processes in order to better meet our business needs, and acting as a liaison between our product focused pod and Convoy’s ML platform team, we’d love for you to help us build the infrastructure we need so that data science can independently push changes to production. If you’re excited about ML, are interested in solving business problems, and love building customer facing products, we’d love to chat!
- Make sure that our product team is connected with and aligned to the work that our ML Platform team is doing
- Help Data Science launch new models to better predict what offers are relevant to carriers
- Build out infrastructure for Data Science to “self-serve” new deployments to production
- Find new innovative ways to improve our offer pipeline and apply machine learning to improve business metrics
We're looking for someone who has:
- Understanding of fundamental machine learning techniques
- 5 years+ professional experience successfully applying machine learning to product/business problems
- General backend software engineering skills
- Experience writing and deploying production code
- Experience building and working with data pipelines
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!