To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Expertise in modeling data
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop/EMR, SQL
- Ability to optimize data access for speed/reliability/velocity as needed by the business
- Comfort with QA’ing your own data, including ‘menial tasks’ like listening to calls or scrubbing excel files to ensure everything is correct
- Comfort with learning new technologies to help the team explore new solutions to existing problems
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Capable of modifying an existing job to add a new field and getting it into production within a day.
- Capable of creating a new data pipeline/job within 2-3 days.