Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
About the Team
The mission of the Data Platform team is to accelerate success of our internal and external customers through trustworthy data analysis and experimentation. As a member of the team, you will be on the ground floor, working to help define and implement our strategy for delivering data products. You will be responsible for delivering models, data-driven functionality, and end-user features based on these models that will be deployed into production. This is a full stack role that has a strong backend and frontend components.
- Owner of the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the data growth at Outreach
- Implement systems tracking and monitoring data integrity, data quality and consistency
- Develop framework & tools to support self-service data pipeline management (ETL)Using wide big data related technology to improve data processing performance
Our Vision Of You
- You are passionate about using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product
- You are familiar with SQL.
- You have proficiency in at least one coding language (Java, go, C#, Python)
- You are hands on, able to quickly pick up new tools and languages, excited about building things and experimenting, always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills. You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
- Think big and have convictions.
- You go above and beyond to help your team
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You have a BA/BS or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status