Software Engineer, Data
Loftium is a Seattle-based, fast-growing start-up that delivers premium rental experiences at affordable rates, leveraging home-sharing to provide discounted rent to tenants. Loftium’s mission is to provide affordable, workforce housing in America’s least affordable cities.
We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and are among the most recognized start-ups in the Pacific Northwest (read about us in Geekwire!). We’re a nimble, capable, driven, and diverse team that’s focused on learning, experimentation, and results. We believe that everyone should have access to a beautiful home, in a neighborhood they want and we’re on a mission to make that happen. Loftium is growing quickly - come join us!
About the role
Data is core to our business. Data improves our models that are used every day to grow our business. Ultimately, data drives our mission, and our mission at Loftium is to provide affordable housing to families. We're looking for a talented, and experienced, Data engineer to help us scale. As an early hire, and the first SDE focusing on data pipelines, you will have an opportunity to set best standards and practices, architect solutions, and contribute to the culture of the organization. This role reports to our Head of Machine Learning.
- Building data pipelines, services and tools that allow us to improve our machine learning products
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, scalable data stores
- Collaborate with the machine learning engineers to create and extend ML products
- Architect data warehouse solutions for BI tools used for decision making in the company
- Work closely with business units to create data products that empower them to make data driven decision
- You have 5+ years experience in software or data engineering, solving complex business problems
- You know how to work smart in a startup environment. We are constantly improving and iterating our our business model and operations. We need to balance building high quality solutions against the constant need to evolve
- Ready to accept the challenge to be the first Data Engineer at Loftium
- You are excited about Loftium’s mission of making housing more affordable
- Bonus: Masters in relevant field
Ideally you have some experience with
- Software Engineering principles, Object Oriented Programing, Python preferred, and SQL
- Designing and deploying scalable production data products
- Experience with cloud based database architecture, e.g., Redshift, RDS, S3/Athena etc.
- Leveraging data pipeline frameworks, like Airflow, Luigi, Pinball, etc.
- Web scraping
- Git and GitHub; software development workflows and continuous integration
- Managing deployment & operation of cloud services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Bonus: Early-stage startup experience, especially joining at the seed or Series A stage and scaling a technical product
Competitive salary and equity
Flexible hours and time off
Medical & dental insurance, and 401k
Team lunches and happy hours
Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
Loftium is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and perspective.