Software Engineer - Statwing Platform at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Senior Software Engineer - Statwing Platform
The ABACUS team is building the analytical engine that enables advanced statistical capabilities required by our products and the XM Platform.
- Developing frameworks to perform analysis, particularly with the python data stack of numpy/pandas/pyarrow, that allow other developers to add new analyses quickly that are performant by default
- Developing APIs for analysis that can perform computations in real time
- Developing infrastructure to perform analyses like cluster analysis, regression models, decision tree models, and other machine learning models
- Building and scaling the infrastructure and services to help these APIs grow as the platform grows
Overall, the ABACUS Platform forms the basis for future analytical capabilities in the Qualtrics Platform
The company and team is in hyper growth mode and we are looking for senior engineers to build a growing organization around. Engineers who are phenomenal teammates, who help develop the team around them, who care about the product end to end, who care about the details, who work well with others across disciplines, who empathize with our customers’ needs, who love building simple and scalable solutions to solve customer problems, and who are passionate about creating great experiences for our customers.
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Experience with distributed systems, data processing, and data analysis technologies, particularly with the Pydata stack (i.e. numpy, pandas, scipy, tensorflow).
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong mathematical and/or computational background.
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Knowledge of open source/industry standard data processing, storage, and serving technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
A Day in the Life
- Work in a supportive environment enables individual growth and achievement of team goals
- Collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to our customers
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available micro services to perform simple to complex statistical analyses and build/deploy machine learning models
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to delight our customers
- Develop on the cloud computing infrastructure at Qualtrics, and help build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Partner with and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
What Differentiates Us From Other Companies
- During COVID we adopted a WFH process to best support our employees
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent events, team outings, and workshops for development.
- We take pride in our office's design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.