At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Inside of Blue Nile, we are working to push the envelope in terms of using data to drive business decisions across our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing and other functions. There are tons of insights to be found in our ~20 years of data, just waiting to be put into practice. The Senior Business Analytics Manager will report to the Director of Analytics in the central Analytics Team at Blue Nile, which rolls up to the Strategy and Analytics group.
What you will do:
- Tackle really hard analytical challenges, for example: What is our price elasticity? Given the traffic and spend over the past few weeks, what should next week’s revenue be? What impact did marketing have last week? How should we price our diamonds?
- Provide best-in-class service to our internal customers, and help translate business questions into hypotheses, into analyses, into insights, into recommendations, into results and measurement
- Dive deep into low-level analyses while having and communicating your perspective on the big picture
- Work across the organization and establish relationships and influence with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Make our data better for our business users; work directly with our data engineers to share our data into its most useful form, and/or determine new data to bring into the fold
- Own some central/corporate-level reporting
What you will bring:
- Minimum, bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, economics, statistics, applied math, etc.); master’s degree (including MBA) preferred
- 5+ years full time experience in an analytically based function (e.g. quantitative marketing, analytics)
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think broadly, refine questions and develop analytical frameworks that drive to key insights and business recommendations
- Strong sense of pragmatism and business judgment to ensure insights and recommendations lead to execution, action and impact
- Experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) is required
- Experience with data storage, tools and technologies is required
- Strong data presentation, visualization and communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages and packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Effective at communicating insights from data analysis and influencing change
- Strong attention to detail, along with organization and time management skills
- Ability to build and foster productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who desires to discover trends and find actionable information
- Ability to take initiative and act independently
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus