Sr Director, Clinical Analytics at Accolade
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.Job Description
The Sr Director, Clinical Analytics role, reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, is responsible for providing leadership and driving the clinical analytics roadmap that enable an enterprise wide approach to clinical solutions and offerings. This role will drive the execution of Accolade’s clinical strategy, innovating and reimagining existing and future solutions, and assuring clinical effectiveness. This role works integrally with clinical leadership, product and technology, actuarial, and business development teams to design clinical programs that are of the highest clinical effectiveness and deliver business value to our customers. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals to innovate and capture the market on a mission to better the lives of millions of people.
A day in the life…
- Establish and own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for multiple clinical analytics areas, ensuring they align with the needs of the customer as well as the overall clinical strategy and company vision
- Collaborate with the Chief Actuary and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of high value projects to business objectives on clinical effectiveness, revenue, growth, quality, and efficiency
- Lead business case development for new clinical programs including savings and staffing models, KPIs, and clinical outcomes to deliver on our clinical strategy
- Lead an annual business planning process across clinical operations, product & technology, and actuary to review cost drivers, program results, and market trends to inform clinical program roadmap
- Proactively identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present recommendations that will help shape the product and technology roadmap
- Partner with data science teams to develop new methods to proactively identify members with priority clinical needs
- Deliver key insight trends using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines
- Ensure new product and solution offerings are grounded in well-articulated and differentiated clinical scope and process for driving waste out of the system and improving measurable health outcomes
- Demonstrate strong sense of accountability for all data and data analytics even where ownership resides with the respective functional areas
- Build & own frameworks to ensure the clinical effectiveness of new clinical programs are optimized for internal and external launch
- Create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
What we are looking for…
- B.S. or equivalent; Continued education such as PhD / Masters is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in population health, care management, and/or health care administration, with at least 7 years of leadership experience in an analytics role
- Domain expertise in analytics, data science, and/or actuarial sciences
- Highest levels of professionalism and integrity in managing data and program results
- Demonstrated ability to understand the drivers of business performance and the interdependencies of business processes and data utilization
- Proficient in communicating with technical and non-technical audiences and delivering strategic corporate level insights
- Demonstrated expertise in influencing platform data architecture frameworks, development methodologies, tools and techniques required to deliver clinical analytics
- Demonstrated ability to manage, organize, motivate and delegate to others
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills characterized by the ability to listen, to speak and to write well
- Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence and in a collaborative manner across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.