UX Data Scientist
As the Data Scientist on the Experience Research Team you will bring the power of our data to Qualtrics, itself. You will help analyze our own product data to build and grow a deeply impactful XM product line and platform. The analytics you deliver will strategically advance how Qualtrics ideates, builds, measures, and improves its own products. You will use your quantitative skills to analyze disparate customer feedback data sources (e.g., NPS, Social Media, Call/Case Volumes, Product feedback) to present comprehensive views of customer experience. You will continue to build models and look for opportunities to leverage EX, BX and PX data as we build XM.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
You inspire those around you to be obsessed with data and the stories you can tell. You love turning data into insights. You thrive when people take action on the insights you provide. You have Qualtrics internal stakeholders craving more. You understand the importance of mining our own data with the goal of providing input to our case studies and suggestions for improvements to our own products. You work effectively cross-team and you understand the importance of building strong relationships and earning trust and credibility. You have successfully helped this organization harness the power to tell our own stories with our own data.
A Day in the Life
- Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions to support our own programs and XM platform product enhancement.
- Interacts with product and teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments.
- Be an internal leader in basic statistics including descriptive statistics, correlation and regression.
You are a big data junkie and you tell stories with big data and can demonstrate how you have used data to change thoughts about how things work. You care about understanding the customer and want to impact better customer experiences that align strategically with business goals. You want to join a dynamic, rapidly scaling, organization. You know how to mine data and turn it into measurable outputs that push understanding and action.
- Master’s Degree in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, or Data Science, with a BA/BS in Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing or Social Science
- 3+ years work experience
- Strong quantitative analytical skills; with statistical analysis competence in techniques such as correlation, regression, KPI metric development, segmentation modeling and algorithms
- Fluent in either Python or R, able to query data using SQL, has experience working with cloud based computing platforms and big data tools.
- Experience in data mining, advanced data manipulation, machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Experience with data visualization and communication projects using software like Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present analysis and insights including trends and opportunities to stakeholders and the business
- Believes in eating one's own dog food and using that experience to drive the creation of exceptional customer facing products
- High standard of detail, excellence, professionalism, and role model behavior
- Familiarity with survey scripting and data reporting platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, etc.) is desired. Ability to script surveys in these platforms is a plus.
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.