3D Artist at Mythical Games
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:48 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a talented 3D Artist to help continue to build our creative muscle at Mythical Games. In this role, you will help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing, and lighting. This role will report into our Art Director and will be based out of our Seattle, WA Office.
Our Seattle office is located in the heart of quirky, creative Ballard. When we’re not making awesome games, we’re out sampling the delicious food Ballard has to offer; we’re sipping coffee (or tea) at our favorite coffee shops, or we’re engrossed in epic table-top battles at Cafe Mox. We’re passionate about creating a tight-knit work environment that feels like you’re hanging out with your friends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and/or enhances drawings, game themes, characters, symbols, and effects.
- Using strong graphic design skills provides 3D user interface screens and information/instruction graphics for incorporation into final games. Provides high-resolution art assets for print teams’ utilization.
- Create assets and techniques that fit within the style and pacing of each project
- Completes complex data setup of complex game art parts, and uses new techniques, products, and platforms with some support.
- Interface with the engineering and design teams and communicate effectively with them
- Follow company art direction and production pipeline. Proposes approaches that compel positive enhancements to art direction and pipeline.
- Previous experience as a 3D Artist with at least one shipped AAA title on PC, console, or mobile platforms
- Proficiency in Maya (or any 3D modeling package), ZBrush/Mudbox, and texture creation/material editing
- Full Adobe Suite Experience (e.g. - Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Experience with Unity game engine and how to import, test, modify, and export packages within the editor and handling art assets
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Basic knowledge of optimization
- An eye for lighting, shade, color, and detail
- Must have a strong passion for design and creativity, and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Read Full Job Description