Design Director (UX)
At Artefact, we value excellence in thinking and craft. We believe design should both solve problems, and inspire. As our company has grown, we’ve identified the opportunity to bring on a Design Director with a focus on UX to ensure that we continue to offer fresh perspectives, and the highest level of ideation & craft – that’s where you come in.
Design Directors foster and facilitate thinking within the context of design in the 21st Century and lead by example in a hands-on fashion, delivering compelling design solutions for our clients and users. As a Design Director, you enjoy making sense of often ambiguous situations, and transition easily between managing project deliverables and engaging the client. You demonstrate an enduring drive to creatively solve problems on time and within budget, while never losing sight of the need to have fun with your teams.
While you will be leading a team of professionals, this is a hands-on role, and you will be involved in every stage of the creative process from helping to on-board our clients to handing over the final deliverables. You will be responsible for coordinating efforts around multiple projects at various stages of maturity, often simultaneously. Most importantly, you know that this is more than a job; it is your calling. If you are passionate about delivering world-class design thinking and are eager to work at a place where you can personally make a difference, then we should connect.
- Own, or collaborate on, project creative direction and execution, utilizing life experiences, clients, end-users, and colleagues for input
- Define and communicate ongoing project expectations with teams
- Consistently hit project commitments, dates and deliverables
- Conceive and build or direct exceptional models, polished visuals, frameworks, storyboards, and prototypes as needed to best serve project needs
- Collaborate closely with other studio discipline leads, including Research, Visual, Industrial and Engineering
- Manage client relationships either independently or in partnership with directors
- 7 or more years experience as a creative director, design manager, senior-level designer or other similar title
- Bachelor or masters level degree in design
- Compelling communication and storytelling skills
- Track record of leading and directing other designers on projects for, or at, Fortune 500 level clients
- High level of proficiency working with minimal direction while directing the work of others to align with client goals
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.