WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.bartendersoftware.com.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about their work and fair in their interactions with people. You are a strong conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities, including a solid background in multi-platform digital and print executions, web coding, typography, branding, print production, and motion graphics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will support the company on global marketing efforts and work under the guidance of the Senior Graphic Designer. You will focus primarily on digital deliverables, such as web, email, and video. You will also be expected to support the team with various print and trade show collateral.
- Develop design concepts for; graphics, layouts for ads, emails, websites, videos, and presentations with style and finesse.
- Assist with regular updates and maintenance to the company website.
- Incorporate best practices into all designs and adhere to brand guides.
- Meet deadlines, strive for continual process improvement, and be self-motivated.
- Archive project assets.
- Work with outside vendors and provide amazing internal customer service.
- Assist with print production, tradeshow deliverables, and prepare electronic files for print.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- HTML, CSS, email design & coding experience.
- Experience using content management systems, such as WordPress or Umbraco.
- Proficiency building content that is optimized for multiple channels and ability to deliver production for web, mobile, and print.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing.
- Thorough understanding of web technologies as well as mobile-first design and responsive design.
- Front-end and back-end design experience.
- Excellent grasp of typography, color, and hierarchy.
- Excellent editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with a zeal for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to identify design opportunities and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage overlapping projects to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Macintosh or Windows computers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Previous experience working in a corporate office environment.
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams; experience with international teams highly desirable.
- Illustration experience.
- UI/UX development experience.
- Experience using project management software.
- A degree in a relevant field.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position.
- At this time, we are only considering local candidates. We are unable to offer relocation packages.
- You must be currently authorized to work in the US, with the ability to provide appropriate documentation upon hire.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, multi-cultural and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.