Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business. BarTender helps customers around the world enable safety, security, efficiency, and compliance through easy, powerful design, fast and accurate printing on demand, comprehensive system control, straightforward integration, and legendary technical support. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry.
The Digital Designer will support the company on global marketing efforts and will work under the guidance of the Senior Graphic Designer. This role will focus primarily on digital deliverables, such as web, email, and video. The designer will also be expected to support the team with various print and trade show collateral.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal designer is a strong conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities, including a solid background in multi-platform digital and print executions, web coding, typography, branding, print production, and motion graphics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop design concepts for; graphics, layouts for ads, emails, websites, videos, and presentations with style and finesse.
- Assist with regular updates and maintenance to the company website.
- Incorporate best practices into all designs and adhere to brand guides.
- Meet deadlines, strive for continual process improvement, and be self-motivated.
- Archive project assets.
- Work with outside vendors and provide amazing internal customer service.
- Assist with print production, tradeshow deliverables, and prepare electronic files for print.
- HTML, CSS, email design & coding experience.
- Experience using content management systems, such as WordPress or Umbraco.
- Proficiency building content that is optimized for multiple channels and ability to deliver production for web, mobile, and print.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing.
- Thorough understanding of web technologies as well as mobile-first design and responsive design.
- Front-end and back-end design experience.
- Excellent grasp of typography, color, and hierarchy.
- Excellent editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with a zeal for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to identify design opportunities and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage overlapping projects to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Macintosh or Windows computers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Previous experience working in a corporate office environment.
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams; experience with international teams highly desirable.
- Illustration experience.
- UI/UX development experience.
- Experience using project management software.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of design experience.
- A degree in a relevant field.
Compensation will depend on your skills and past experience. We have always favored investing in and retaining star employees over the long-term, rather than having to periodically replace them. Accordingly, if you naturally manage your responsibilities in a conscientious and detail-oriented manner, you will find Seagull an ideal long-term environment.
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- 21 days of PTO
- 401K with 100% employer matching
- Excellent medical, dental and vision plan (employer pays approx. 95% of employee coverage and 50% of dependent coverage)
- On-Site Fitness Center and Deli
- Company paid short term and long-term disability benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement benefits
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team.
The working environment at Seagull Scientific is characterized by an entrepreneurial mindset, high energy, strong drive for results, closeness to our customers, real teamwork and fun.
We offer you a very dynamic, multi-cultural and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and lots of passion work together to deliver amazing product experience for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Seagull Scientific has a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified team, bringing together people from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. That’s why we value diversity and inclusion. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
Each member of the team knows what is expected of them and is given every opportunity to realize their potential in a pleasant, supportive and collaborative environment.
We move quickly but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This is a full-time position.
- At this time, we are not offering relocation packages.
For more information about life at Seagull Scientific, please read our company profile and history on our website at https://www.seagullscientific.com/