Director, Brand and Creative at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
At PitchBook, we have been hard at work redefining our brand, and we are ready to bring the brand to life for our customers, prospects, and employees. We are looking for a Director, Brand and Creative to do just that! This role will lead an existing in-house team of creative professionals and help define how our brand is expressed in everything we do.
If you are an experienced marketing leader who can connect creative with the customer journey and business objectives, loves leading and coaching teams, is both creatively and strategically minded, and has a passion for design, content and multimedia, then this job is for you! Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand, you are joining a leadership team with a mandate to take the PitchBook brand to the next level.
The Marketing Team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments as they grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation and sales enablement efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing Team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The leader in this role will have 3 primary areas of responsibility:
Grow and Develop a Team
This person will be responsible for leading a team of talented designers, writers, and multimedia professionals. They will empower this team to do their best work every day while providing guidance and mentorship for growth and career development.
Be a PitchBook Brand Steward
This person will deeply understand PitchBook's customers and brand strategy, help define how the brand is expressed to these customers, and ensure the brand is brought to life in a resonant and meaningful way in all creative executions and channels. This person will partner with key leaders in the organization to ensure PitchBook is positioned to deliver our brand promise and recognize our vision.
Lead Creative Direction and Development
This person will inspire and lead exceptional creative development that is grounded in business strategy and encourage the team to try new things and think differently about the creative expression of the PitchBook brand. They will also be responsible for ensuring that we have the right processes in place to manage, measure, and report on the team's work and proper KPIs to track this work against.
Across these 3 areas of responsibility, duties will include:
- Overseeing the development of all creative for campaigns and content, including improving upon existing processes and methods of collaboration
- Refreshing brand guidelines and creating new ways to express the PitchBook brand
- Providing thought leadership on how creative is utilized and strengthening the process for briefing and executing creative work with stakeholders
- Building strong working relationships with leaders across the business to execute and iterate on marketing initiatives
- Role modeling the values of the company
- Fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable team environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of marketing experience, primarily in brand or creative Agency experience a plus. B2B experience preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of progressive team leadership experience. Passion for nurturing and growing talent a must. Experience leading a team of creative professionals strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of the importance of brand and experience with bringing brands to life in different mediums and channels
- Proven ability to communicate the importance of brand and connect the brand to business results and metrics
- Talented storyteller with a strong visual aesthetic. Experience as a designer, writer, or video producer preferred
- Understanding of UI, UX, and design thinking principals and best practices and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be adapted for audiences at all levels across the organization
- Expert relationship builder who can work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders across diverse teams at all levels of the company, including executives
- Experience successfully scaling a variety of marketing programs across global channels
- Ability to manage changing requirements, multiple overlapping projects, and prioritization of incoming requests against business needs
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and pursue new ways of thought and passionate about developing and testing new ideas that will help our customers win
- Highly self-motivated and will thrive in ambiguity, in an environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to quickly pick-up new systems and software
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.