Director of Design
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an accomplished and energized Design leader to be our "Head of Design". We need someone with a passion for building great teams that help build both our product and our brand. Design is a first-class citizen at Auth0 and we want that to continue to be the case as we scale. This is a highly cross-functional and strategical role that requires strong partnerships with our Product, Engineering and Marketing leaders to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully takes Auth0 suite of products and brand to the next level.
You’ll lead a growing team of 15 talented product and visual designers, UX researchers and managers responsible for crafting compelling experiences for Auth0. You will also play a key role in making decisions that inform our product roadmap, influence future product strategy, and ultimately drive and be the steward of Auth0’s design culture. In short, a successful candidate will have a huge impact.
This is some of the team’s work: our Design System, Styleguide, Universal Login Prompt Library, Universal Login Flows, Auth0 Engine and swag, and others....
- Lead a team of managers and designers to help make impactful decisions in our products, marketing materials and brand.
- Collaborate with your peers in leadership within Product, Engineering and Marketing to define a strategic vision for what we build, keeping focus on solving user problems.
- Help set and develop a clear design vision for the organization and design principles for the team.
- Help designers define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives. Hire and retain top talent. Develop more managers and designers as we grow.
- Grow the team ensuring diversity and inclusion, by attracting and recruiting the right talent, and fostering a culture of trust and respect.
- Help scale the design team and culture through the organization. Set the bar for quality across.
- Being the voice of design outside and inside the company: sharing our work and fostering its culture. Represent us and publicly in ways like: writing, speaking, or running events in order to share what we do.
You'd be an excellent fit if you:
- You’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
- You have a commitment to cultivating an inclusive team culture that ensures a happy, motivated, diverse, and high-functioning design team. You inspire people to do their best work fully aligned with business goals.
- You know how to grow and hire new leaders. You love to coach new leaders and set them up for success.
- You’re product-minded and intensely customer-focused. You really understand how software is built.
- You think about design as a holistic experience: all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- You care about how to make design operate more efficiently and strive for the highest quality.
- You care the core user experience is solid: you’ll advocate to fix “broken windows” before building new features.
- You’re a skilled communicator and know how to work with stakeholders at different levels.
- You care to constantly educate and advocate for the value of design.
- You have a tendency to dream big and encourage creative risk-taking while protecting the integrity of the brand. You know how to balance quick wins and bigger, more impactful pieces of work.
- You have a strong growth mindset: you love constant change and know how to manage it.
- North & South America; (GMT-3); (GMT-4); (GMT-5); (GMT-6); (GMT-7); (GMT-8); (GMT-9);
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description