Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
We are seeking a talented and experienced design leader to lead our UX design team and build a world-class user experience for PayScale’s B2B and B2C products. This role requires someone who has a keen eye for creating functional and appealing designs as well as mentor and grow a team of designers. The position will report into the SVP of Product.
- Hire and manage a team of UX designers.
- Oversee the user experience for all of PayScale’s products
- Create product design guidelines. Review and update design principles.
- Review existing design processes and organization. Implement changes to increase productivity and collaboration
- Set a high bar for design output, critique designs and guide the team to raise the bar.
- Conduct UX research and help the team to use data to make design decisions.
- Help communicate design strategy to the team and to the executive leadership
- 12+ years of building world-class visual interfaces for web and mobile
- 5+ years of design management experience
- Bachelor's degree in design or HCI or equivalent practical experience highly desired
- Experience building B2B SaaS software as well as B2C experiences
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Enthusiasm about partnering across organizations and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability and desire to challenge the status quo, create new processes and set high standards
- Ability to analyze data and use it to drive design strategy
- Ability to strike a balance between high standards and shipping iteratively
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.