In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference in helping our people achieve their dreams and aspirations?
Partner with learning and development colleagues and key business stakeholders to develop innovative and high-impact learning programs and initiatives aligned with PitchBook's strategic goals. This role is critical to the ongoing growth of PitchBook's global learning team, having responsibility for designing, developing, deploying and measuring comprehensive solutions and programs to improve individual and team performance.
Each and every employee of PitchBook is a client of the People Team and we help each of those people do their jobs successfully. We support our employees in the development of their careers and skills and we help them have fun while they do it. We foster our amazing and collaborative culture through programs and events and by modeling that culture within our own team. We love to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing our own with a passion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Apply adult learning theory and the neuroscience of learning to design and build learning solutions and experiences.
- Integrate creative, immersive learning methodologies in learning experience/product design and development.
- Conduct training needs analysis to inform performance objectives, instructional strategies, project scope.
- Design/develop instructionally sound learning solutions/experiences.
- Collaborate with instructional designers, LMS development team and other stakeholders to implement a service-oriented framework to allow dynamic content creation and curation.
- Learn multiple systems and processes quickly.
- Demonstrate good judgment and analytical problem-solving methods.
- Build and manage complex partnerships and relationships.
- Communicate effectively with partners.
- Analyze quality and operations metrics/KPIs to identify the root causes of performance opportunities.
- Identify appropriate evaluation techniques and apply them (summative, formative, four levels, usability testing).
- Partner with other teams to monitor completion, comprehension, and retention of the content to identify training effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate learning using various learning delivery methodologies that achieve objectives and ensure application.
- Collaborate with Learning teammates and partners to provide integrated service to our client.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated capability with eLearning software such as Captivate, Storyline, synchronous/asynchronous tools, and graphics tools and Agile project management.
- Demonstrated instructional design expertise for a broad range of delivery modalities focused on adult learners.
- Demonstrated Media (audio and video) skills and some front-end Web development.
- Apply Cloud infrastructure knowledge, APIs, communication tools to design and build engaging and effective learner experiences.
- Possess excellent grammar and writing proficiency for global English.
- Strong organizational skill and some facilitation ability.
- Artful relationship skills for building value with agents, team members, and internal partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning, and various instructional design approaches and processes to the learning content.
- Access learner needs, analyze and logically organize complex information and into instructionally sound training materials that excite and engage the learner.
- Run multiple, complex projects; strong project management; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize changing projects tasks/deliverable.
- Prefer Scrum/Agile PM experience
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Creative thinker, self-starter with a proactive approach to resolving problems and issues
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete work with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Brings a customer service mentality to the work
- Works well independently and as part of teams
- Eager to learn, grow, and build skills, while working in a fast-paced environment
- A plus if already knows proprietary learning management and other topic specific content (ex. Litmos, Workday, Cornerstone, etc.)
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.