Lead Software Engineer, UI at Amperity
Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
- Building a simple UI on top of a very complex system. We need to turn an airplane cockpit into an automatic-drive luxury car, with air-conditioning.
- Finding new ways to solve problems in large-scale data presentation and visualization.
- Synthesizing a unifying front end for a very diverse set of user goals. Just to start: Visually explaining the subtlety of a machine-learning pipeline to a non-technical user.
- Creating and utilizing highly functional backend code and applying it to front end development.
- Taking the opportunity to work with technologies from CSS all the way to Spark.
- You value learning, teaching, and growth. This shows in your mentorship of the engineers around you and the kind of work you publish to the world.
- You act as a product owner, from channeling the voice of the user to understanding the stack all the way to the very bottom.
- You serve as the central voice of clarity among PMs, designers, engineers, and customers.
- You have worked with a few front-end frameworks and have well-earned opinions about them.
- You have interest in functional programming and one-way data-flow frameworks such as React/Redux, Elm, or re-frame.
- You attend to the small details both visually and in code, and level up the larger team in this skill, whether they are UI engineers or not.
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- You are open minded, flexible, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions. You are oriented toward shipping quality software at a quick but responsible pace.
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.