Lead UX Designer, Corporate Discovery
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
We are looking for a senior / lead level designer who is interested in stepping into our Corporate Discovery feature team, applying your knowledge of the user centered design process and over time, beginning to absorb some management level responsibilities for a few members of the team. In essence, you know ux design, but you are now at a point in your career where you are interested in learning and developing your management skills.
Design team details:
The PitchBook design team consists of 5 feature teams, which are focused on various areas of the application. This role will reside within the Corporate Discovery feature team, which we are currently hiring for and growing with additional product designers.
The Corporate Discovery team is focused on enabling teams to identify market trends and gain powerful new insights that inform their short & long-term corporate growth strategies. Two key business goals for this team are:
- Increase discoverability of content and data across the platform to empower corporate teams to be proactive in their use of PitchBook in order to quickly and easily find new insights into private and public market data.
- Become a necessity for corporations, irrespective of their current investment objectives, by focusing on the ongoing and critical workflows of Corporate Development and Corporate Strategy teams outside of deal execution.
Individual contributor goals:
- Design useful, usable & desirable experiences for our Corporate Discovery feature team
- Understand industry expectations and discover customer needs, behaviors & motivations
- Explore various approaches and settle on final designs which fulfill customer & business requirements
- Build consensus and drive project completion through the use of low-fidelity sketches, wireframes, prototypes and eventually pixel-perfect comps
- Work closely with product managers to create specifications for development
- Monitor how your experiences perform and plan for how we can iterate and improve them
Team lead goals (within the context of one feature team):
- Assist UX manager in reviewing your team's designs throughout their project lifecycle's
- Seek out, become aware of, and help designers adhere to existing core patterns
- Assist UX manager by consistently looking to support and coach feature team members
- Drive the creation/implementation of UX standards and best practices related to process & quality
- Collaborate with other UX leads and managers to ensure standardization across all feature teams
- When needed, facilitate meetings, workshops and assist design leadership with executives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five (5)+ years of user experience/product design
- At least one of the above 5+ years was spent in a senior user experience capacity
- A design portfolio demonstrating depth & breadth
- Knowledge of contemporary design practices for web conventions, tablet & phone
- Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from research/discovery to execution
- Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize
- Ability to deliver feedback to, and accept feedback from, peers, product managers & leadership
- Experience creating alignment with your product manager
- Working with development to ensure all of designs are constructed as intended
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and how they move your feature(s) forward
- Reasonable knowledge of visual fundamentals; typography, white space, composition and color
- Easygoing, driven, and passionate, yet focused on building long-term relationships
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.