Product Design Manager at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
We are seeking a UX Design Manager to lead design innovation for new features and experiences on the PitchBook platform. In this role, you will lead a team of UX designers and collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, research and editorial teams. You are an inspiring and collaborative design leader who will help raise the bar for UX design on your team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead new and holistic thinking across product areas and releases for the PitchBook platform
- Drive the creation and implementation of UX standards and best practices across the company
- Partner with product management to work on feature prioritization, design and implementation
- Grow and develop a team of UX designers; set a high bar for excellence in product design
- Present designs to cross-functional stakeholders across the company, including the executive team
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction design, product designer or similar role
- Experience managing UX design teams
- A design portfolio demonstrating a history of customer-centric design
- Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from research and discovery to execution
- Strong analytical skills; using qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions
- Collaborative, driven and passionate, yet focused on building long-term relationships