Product Designer I
The Position: Being a Product Designer I at Apptio is a great way to advance your design career. This position involves feature-level ownership, collaboration with product management, development and customers early in the concept development and directly working with developers to get your features right. After you ship, you will know that your features are really used and you’ll have your hands-on real data about their success for our customers.
You: You want to learn from others as you move forward in your career, and thirst for guidance on all aspects of UX design. You want to work independently with your partners in product management and development but appreciate that the rest of the UX team has your back. You’re ready to grow quickly and are prepared for it to not be easy because you know that worthwhile and satisfying endeavors are usually the most challenging.
Us: We have our eyes on being the next billion-dollar software company and we’re well on our way. As designers we are always looking for ways to collaborate more deeply and we have the freedom to evolve our design paradigms and our design culture. We take our jobs seriously and care much about making our products easy, useful, and pleasing. Yet we are a fun team who share a sense of humor and try not to take ourselves too seriously.
What we want you to do:
We want you to come translate complex, ambiguous requirements into concrete, actionable design artifacts. You will develop and maintain high-level wireframes, and process flows that communicate your ideas. You will need to rapidly build and iterate on process flows and low and high fidelity prototypes (some interative), to demonstrate and test your recommendations with the design team, our customers, and internal stakeholders. As developers develop, you will stay close to keep the design true, tune your ideas, and so ship great features.
- Degree in HCA or related discipline
- Experience working on meaningful design projects, either via internships/projects in school or professional design experience
- Experience using Axure or Sketch
- Experience designing and shipping feature components and working on complete features with a team or lead
- Has shipped features through Agile development
- Proactive, self-managing, unafraid; experience working across ambiguous responsibility lines, not afraid to ask for help, craves feedback
- Experience designing complicated, multi-step capabilities
- Experience with discount usability
- Comprehension of financial or related business concepts
- Experience designing data visualization
- Can conceive and sketch UI on-the-fly in group discussion
- General understanding of and ability to program with HTML/CSS
- Curious, invests in self-learning
- Systematic, thoughtful, critical thinker able to recognize patterns, spot anomalies, and suggest conclusions
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.