Product Designer (Temporary)
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.Job Description
*This is a temporary full time role approximately 6 months.
About the Team:
The Business Products team is improving and growing a suite of offerings used by more than 8,000 customers to ensure they are managing their employee compensation appropriately. Working with small teams using agile methodologies, you will conduct and incorporate user research and rapidly iterate on feature designs. We are seeking a passionate professional to join our UX team — helping deliver a simple, clean, thoughtful and inspired experience that dramatically raises the bar for business products.
You enjoy understanding the customer - what their problems are and what motivates them. You are detail oriented and can also keep the big picture in mind. You understand that the ultimate measure of your work is customer adoption. You have a deep understanding of all aspects of User Experience.
We empower employers and employees with easy-to-understand, engaging tools to effectively manage compensation – and we need you to help make this awesome experience even better for our customers.
Let’s be clear – we’re not looking to create an average or even slightly above average experience. We are looking for a great teammate to help us craft an exceptional user experience that changes the expectations of what is possible.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute your world-class design skills to craft thoughtful products that delight users
- Take complex data concepts, make them simple, fun and engaging
- Investigate and use data to understand our customers and pose new experiments to validate design decisions
- Collaborate with other designers and product managers
- Advocate for solid design practices and principles, and articulate your thought processes and decisions in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Work with our awesome teams of developers to ensure your design intent is followed through, in an agile environment
- Thrive on the challenges that come from a B2B product environment
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Extensive portfolio – Please provide link to online portfolio with application
- Raw design talent and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of design fundamentals like color, typography and information architecture
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to simplify complex concepts
- Highly proficient using design applications like Sketch, Photoshop, or InDesign
- Strong point of view paired with a practical nature and common sense
- A self-starter, eager to solve problems and support the team
- Understanding of user research methodology, including when and where to use specific methods to achieve real-world results
- Proficient and enjoy working with HTML and CSS
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design or related field (preferred)
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.