We believe that transparent, fact-based relationships between companies and employees will generate the best outcomes. One way we're getting there is by crowdsourcing compensation data, crunching it, and delivering industry leading solutions to businesses via SaaS products. We're solving meaningful problems faced by millions of people across the globe. Our products help employees get paid what they’re worth, and employers set pay with science (not guesswork).
What is it like to work at PayScale?
You are likely to laugh. Unless you like eating alone, you rarely will. Your co-workers will invite you to play games on Friday afternoons when we tap the kegs. There is a buzz in the air. PayScale feels like a startup with the stability of an established company.
About the Team
The Business Products team is improving and growing a suite of offerings used by more than 7,000 customers to ensure they are managing their employee compensation appropriately. Working with small teams using agile methodologies, you will conduct and incorporate user research and rapidly iterate on feature designs. We are seeking a passionate professional to join our UX team — helping deliver a simple, clean, thoughtful and inspired experience that dramatically raises the bar for business products.
You enjoy understanding the customer - what their problems are and what motivates them. You are detail oriented and can also keep the big picture in mind. You understand that the ultimate measure of your work is customer adoption. You have a deep understanding of all aspects of User Experience.
About this opportunity
We empower employers and employees with easy-to-understand, engaging tools to effectively manage compensation – and we need you to help make this awesome experience even better for our customers.
Let’s be clear – we’re not looking to create an average or even slightly above average experience. We are looking for a great teammate to help us craft an exceptional user experience that changes the expectations of what is possible.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute your world-class design skills to craft thoughtful products that delight users
- Take complex data concepts, make them simple, fun and engaging
- Investigate and use data to understand our customers and pose new experiments to validate design decisions
- Collaborate with other designers and product managers
- Advocate for solid design practices and principles, and articulate your thought processes and decisions in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Work with our awesome teams of developers to ensure your design intent is followed through, in an agile environment
- Thrive on the challenges that come from a B2B product environment
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Extensive portfolio – Please provide link to online portfolio with application
- Raw design talent and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of design fundamentals like color, typography and information architecture
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to simplify complex concepts
- Highly proficient using design applications like Sketch, Photoshop, or InDesign
- Strong point of view paired with a practical nature and common sense
- A self-starter, eager to solve problems and support the team
- Understanding of user research methodology, including when and where to use specific methods to achieve real-world results
- Proficient and enjoy working with HTML and CSS
- 6+ years of professional design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design or related field (preferred)
Benefits We Offer
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and domestic partners)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for transportation, medical, and dependent care
- Life insurance/AD&D
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Casual dress code
- Discounted gym membership
- Lockers, bike storage and showers
- Free coffee from different roasters
- Entire days without meetings
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Coworkers you like
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.