Product Designer at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:42 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry.
Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected truckers. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find the loads they want, keep their trucks full, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
What we're looking for:
As a Product Designer for our team, you'll be supporting our product group and creating new magic moments in product for our carriers and shippers. You'll be co-creating the vision for the teams that keep Convoy moving and own end-to-end design process for your product group, including everything from customer research to refined, ready-to-ship features. You'll be expected to use your expertise to deeply understand our customers and translate that understanding into successful solutions.
You will have ownership of:
- Partnering with Design leads, Product Managers, Engineering, and Data Science to uncover insights and deliver world-class customer experiences
- Autonomous ownership of the design process and deliverables within your team
- Creation and evolution of UI and brand language within the shipper product
- Research methods (Generative and Evaluative) and prototyping with our customers
You have the following skills and experience:
- +5 years of experience as a Product Designer or UX Designer
- Expertise with tools within the UI and prototyping space including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.
- Working knowledge of UX research methodologies with an ability to help lead sessions, apply appropriate techniques, and synthesize results
- Experience with cross-platform design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Knowledge of internal operations or support operations tooling and practice
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!